1 of or relating to or typical of a revenant; "revenant shrieks and groans"
2 coming back; "a revenant ghost" [syn: recurring]
1 a person who returns after a lengthy absence
2 someone who has returned from the dead
Etymology, from the present participle revenir 'to return', from Old French, see revenue.
The term Revenant may refer to:
- Revenant (folklore), a folkloric corpse that returns from the grave
- Revenant (fiction), a creature brought back to life to fulfill a special goal
- Revenant (game), a computer game
- Revenant Records, a record label set up by John Fahey
- A monster featured in the video game series Doom
- Revenant (band), a heavy metal band
- Revenant (Soul Calibur), a bonus character in the video game Soul Calibur III
- Revenant (World of Darkness), a type of ghoul from the Vampire: the Masquerade game
- Revenant, a type of undead in the game Runescape, found in the wilderness